Information for parents
Eden Rock is a great facility for kids to come and learn how to climb. Bouldering is a brilliant way of getting some exercise and having a fun time in a safe controlled environment.
We have fully trained instructors, all qualified to teach your children in a fun and structured way.
There are two ways in which under 18's can climb at the centre.
- Firstly if you are an experienced climber, you can join as a member of Eden Rock and bring up to 2 guests (children or adults), the guests can be from age 3 and up.
- We also run an after school and weekend kids club called 'The School of Rock' for those aged between 5 - 14 years, these are 1 hour structured sessions with our instructors, keeping the children safe and teaching them climbing in a way they'll enjoy. For children aged 3-5 there is also the minion club on a weekend.
Bringing children to the wall Safety conditions
- Children may climb at Eden Rock at one of our kids sessions, or with their parents/guardians, provided that the supervising adult is a competent climber and a registered member of Eden Rock. To become a member, you must either already have climbing experience or have done one of our induction sessions.
- Parents/guardians who are members may only sign in 2 children per person, this is for the children's own safety, as walls can be dangerous if not used properly.
- Children under 18 years of age may climb unsupervised at Eden Rock. They will first need their parent/guardian to fill out a junior unsupervised registration and medical form. The child must then undergo an assessment with an instructor to determine if they are responsible enough to climb on their own. This is only for highly experienced children e.g. members of our youth team.
- Eden Rock reserve the right to eject from our premises any customers whose behaviour jeopardises their safety or the safety of others. We realise children are hard to keep an eye on, but please make sure you are with them at all times when supervising. If ejection from the building ever becomes necessary, customers would not be entitled to any refund.