Established in 2012 by Mickey Stainthorpe and Katie Varian, Eden Rock Carlisle has grown to be a hub for climbers in Cumbria and the surrounding areas.
Well known throughout the UK for its route setting and friendly atmosphere, Eden Rock has solidified itself as one of the best bouldering walls in Europe.
Now 5 years on, we have opened a brand new Centre based in Edinburgh, one of Europe’s most-visited cities
At 20,000sqft Eden Rock Edinburgh is one of the country’s largest bouldering walls.
With the 2020 Olympics just round the corner, we are looking forward to helping develop some of the country’s future Olympians. With this in mind we want to become one of the best training facilities in Europe, from early years up to adult.
Eden Rock is not just about training though; it’s about a fun, friendly atmosphere where everyone is welcome no matter what age or background to enjoy themselves and progress in one of the world’s fastest-growing sports. We are now looking for a person to manage our Edinburgh Centre, taking it forward as one of the leading bouldering centres in Europe.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Fresh ideas, with a hunger to drive sales to deliver financial targets
- Previous management experience within the climbing industry
- The ability to create a welcoming, vibrant and inclusive workplace culture
- The capability of working under own initiative
- A passion for climbing
As a Centre Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- The overall performance of the centre and team in delivering financial targets and maintaining high standards of service
- Ensuring all centre operations are adhered to, and all reporting procedures are completed within the required timescales
- Handling all aspects of recruitment, training, rotas and HR for the centre
- Day-to-day running of the centre
- Liaising with the Route Setting Manager to ensure high quality climbing is at the centre of everything we do.
- Creating and overseeing events with the customer in mind
- Implementing directives from the Managing Directors
- Actively seeking to better the company and drive sales through marketing and careful branding
- Have excellent leadership skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Prepared to work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends
- Be creative and able to solve problems
- Experience in motivating and managing teams
- Hold coaching or instructional qualifications
- Experience of working with mac computer systems and climbing wall operating systems
- Management experience in climbing centres
- Working in a well-regarded bouldering wall with a loyal customer base
- Free climbing
- Discount on brands we stock
- Funded applicable CPD
- £26,000-£28,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Full-time (40 per week)
- Closing date – 28th October 2018
To apply please send a CV and cover letter, outlining what you would bring to the role, to [email protected]