We're Open (Again)!
We're Open (Again)! What you need to know...
Have we been here before?!
We've finally got the ok to reopen and we're all ready to welcome you back to Eden Rock Edinburgh from 10am on the 26th of April! We want to be sure that you are as prepared as possible for the various changes you'll see when you return as we all adapt to bouldering during COVID.
Just like following our conditions of use to keep yourself safe at Eden Rock, we now need you to follow a few extra rules. Much of what you read below will already be familiar or expected; please do your best to stick to these rules to keep us, and the wider community safe.
Please Note: the information below is subject to change as the situation develops.
Here's what we need you to do:
• Stay home if you have symptoms of Covid-19, or if anyone in your household has it.
• Download and use the NHS Scotland Test & Protect App.
• Wear a mask at all times unless you're climbing, eating/drinking, using the gym, or medically exempt.
• Try to climb at times when the wall is likely to be less busy (10am - 5pm midweek).
• Try to keep your sessions to around 2.5hrs max to allow others to climb too.
• Sanitise your hands when you arrive, during your session, and when you leave the wall. Hand sanitiser stations will be dispersed throughout the wall. Using soap to thoroughly wash your hands on departure is also acceptable.
• Respect 2m physical distancing when entering the wall, while climbing and when leaving. Please also respect the capacity signage in areas like the gym and kids area.
• Sign in AND sign out each time you visit the wall.
• Follow directional signs and instructions. We have a new one-way system in place for entry and exit.
• Bring your own water - we will not be able to refill bottles/cups, but we will still be selling bottled water..
• Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands. If you must, do so into a tissue or your elbow.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Buy any food and drink downstairs to keep reception as clear as possible.
• Pay at reception using contactless.
The rules above will be updated as necessary, should current Government guidelines change, and we will also keep you up to date on developments via Facebook and Instagram.
Please note that repeated failure to adhere to these rules will unfortunately result in being asked to leave the wall - please let's not let that happen!
In accordance with government guidelines our capacity will be limited initially. The Edinburgh homepage displays a live feed of how close we are to capacity. We recommend that you have a look at this prior to visiting us, as we will unfortunately have to ask you to wait until someone leaves if we are full.
As we have limited capacity, please try to keep your sessions to around 2.5hrs max. Also if you've finished climbing, please sign out and leave promptly to allow someone else to use that place.
When you arrive:
Please put your mask on before entering the building.
We have a strict queuing system in place with markings on the ground, please respect social distancing whilst queuing and be sure to sanitise your hands using the sanitiser station at the front entrance.
At reception please have your membership number ready so that we can sign you in as quickly as possible, and pay using contactless if you can. If you'd like to buy food or drinks and there is a queue, please do so downstairs at our new cafe.
Please arrive changed and ready to climb if you can, in order to avoid using the changing rooms where possible.
As we will be operating a one-way system, once you go downstairs you wont be able to go back up so if you plan to visit our shop please do so on arrival.
Whilst using the centre:
As a boulderer you'll already be used to giving people space while they're on the wall, so please stay back when someone's climbing. Please also ensure that you're socially distancing whether you're on or off the wall - don't climb too close to others, and only stand within 2m of climbers from the same household.
Please keep your mask on as much as possible, you're welcome to climb in it too if you'd like to. The only times you don't need to wear a face covering are if you're climbing, eating/drinking, using the gym, or if you are medically exempt.
Please wash your hands thoroughly with soapy water, or use the hand sanitiser provided during your session. Keeping your hands clean, and then avoiding touching your face is the name of the game!
If using the gym please sanitise your hands first. Also, please keep an eye on the signage which indicates maximum capacity - you may need to wait a few minutes if the machines are occupied. Once you've used a piece of equipment please spray it with disinfectant and wipe it down.
Take it easy! It may have been some time since you last climbed and you should ease back into it gently. Be sure to warm up gradually and give yourself a few weeks to get back to where you were pre-lockdown!
Leaving the centre:
YOU MUST SIGN OUT BEFORE LEAVING THE WALL. This is very important, as it allows us to accurately monitor our capacity. You can sign out with the member of staff at the downstairs cafe, or with the iPad at the exit door. Please make sure you use the hand sanitiser at the exit before using the iPad.
As we are now operating a one-way system, please exit the wall downstairs to the right of the gym. The exit is clearly marked and signposted.
Bookings and Groups
• We will initially only be running bookable slots for single households at weekends. These will be for inductions and coaching sessions which are bookable at reception or by calling us on 0131 285 6044.
• We plan to reintroduce kids sessions for the Summer Holidays with our Summer Kids Camp. These are also bookable at reception or by calling us on 0131 285 6044.
• Unfortunately we are not currently taking bookings for parties or large groups, nor are we able to accommodate groups brought along by external instructors
• Later in the year we hope to restart our regular kids classes, which we will advertise closer to the time. If you were previously booked onto a class you will be given priority when booking.
Passes & Memberships
• All passes were frozen on the 26/12/20, and were restarted on 26/4/21 so you won't have lost any time.
• Wall memberships have also been extended by the number of days we were closed.
We're trying our absolute best to get up and running so everyone can climb again, and there are lots of new procedures to get used to. Please be patient with our staff, as we learn to adapt to the ever-changing Government guidance.
Please have a look at our COVID-19 Frequently asked Questions if you'd like further information.
We're looking forward to climbing with you all again very soon.
Big love - Team Eden Rock